Our ikamyu [ee-kam-zju] coconut grater is a highly functional and efficient kitchen tool to grate coconut effortlessly. It is a highly-refined and engineered kitchen product designed by Gerard Aflague.
Practical in use, it doubles as kitchen decor, while quickly making fresh-grated coconut for a variety of recipes. The iKamyu replaces the traditional wooden-stooled coconut grater making it safer, lighter, and more versatile, especially for those getting older and who would rather grate on a chair making it easier on the knees. Gerard cleverly identified over twelve enhancements that make this product superior to the conventional wooden coconut grater. This product manufactured is exclusively for the Gerard Aflague Collection.
How You Can Use This Product
Easily make freshly grated coconut for desserts, entrees, and side dishes. Some of the more popular uses of grated coconut or its milk by-products are for things such as coconut candy, chicken and beef soups, curries, and lemon chopped chicken and more.
What You Should Know About This Product
- 1 each - 11 x 15 x .25 inch aluminum coconut grater
- 1 each - Full-color vinyl skin on the front and on the back (see photos)
- 1 each - Colored plastic safety cap with Velcro
- 1 each - Complimentary Satellite Guam map
- 1 each - Wrought iron-stand
- Modern design
- Lightweight at 3.5 lbs
- Unique grater head (grater is layered at a 90 degree angle offering the ability to grate coconut on either side, which doubles the life of this grater)
- One-core body with no screws or joints to come loose
- Non-corrosive aluminum body
- Safety-cap and velcro fastener
- Designed in vivid-color and printed on resilient vinyl adhesive
- Coconut chute and hanging eye
- Safety, use, and care instructions on back of grater for useful reference
- Displays on wall or counter
- Packs easily, ships cheaply, stores safely
- 6-month warranty
- Recycles after decades of use
Chamorro inspired and designed. Manufactured in Colorado USA. Materials are safe and highly engineered.
Disclaimer: iKamyu skins are copyright by the Gerard Aflague Collection.
How This Product Works
Place iKamyu on a chair with an appropriate height. Place a large bowl underneath the grater (to catch grated coconut). While sitting on iKamyu, remove Velcro safety cap, and take half of a mature coconut and grate it against the grater head (watch video) in an inward spiral fashion. Once the desired quantity of grated coconut is realized, use coconut as required in recipes. Note: iKamyu's grater head should be washed with soap and water to remove debris, and dried before replacing safety cap for display.