Our Modern Guam Seal Flexible Plastic Hard-Candy Mold makes your very own custom lollipop chocolates and hard candy. Use our mold to make Guam party favors, or that lollipop bouquet for that special someone. For your next party with other islanders, surprise your guests with lollipops that represent Guam!
- Reusable mold - with proper care, handling, and cleaning, this product can provide years of use to make many types of molded food items described
- Mold measures 7.25 X 9.5
- Heavy-duty rigid plastic mold (Not silicone)
- 8 cavities per mold
- Includes lollipop channel to accomodate sticks of almost any length
- Suitable for chocolate and hard candy
- First-quality plastic mold, FDA approved
- NOT DISHWASHER SAFE
Important: If you are making hard candy and want your mold to provide a gloss to your candy, do not use soap or detergent when cleaning you mold. Only use hot water during the cleaning process to prevent from degrading the silicone in the product.
Instructions for Hard Candy Preparation:
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
¾ cup water
Candy extract flavoring
Food coloring (as desired)
Modern Guam Seal hard candy mold (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sucker sticks, bags & twist ties (optional)
Use of a candy thermometer is recommended
Have all ingredients and tools assembled and within easy reach of the stove. The use of metal spoons and measuring utensils is recommended. If using molds, lightly spray cavities of clean, dry candy molds with cooking spray (we recommend PAM). Insert sucker sticks. Prop stick ends with something to get sticks to be horizontally straight.
1. In a 2-quart kettle or large saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Insert candy thermometer if using, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
3. Early in the cooking process, "wash down" any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
4. Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 260º F; add drops of coloring until desired hue is achieved. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
5. Remove from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water (hard crack stage). After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN ADDING FLAVORING TO AVOID RISING STEAM.
6. Spray mold with oil-based cooking spray like Pam. Then, carefully pour syrup into prepared molds with lollipop sticks propped in place. Do not refrigerate.
7. Cool completely on table top at room temperature. After carefully popping out lollipops from molds. Place in sucker bags and secure with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
A great YouTube video to watch is here> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQuwgg6DNLU